About Melinda - A Seattle Doula
I trust in nature, I trust in women, and I trust in birth. A woman’s birth journey is a sacred, personal process and I want to honor and support that. It is my belief that given the proper support a woman can be truly present with her wisdom, her intuition, her strength, and her beauty through pregnancy and through labor. Because a woman’s body is made to grow, nourish, birth, and care for her child, I want to become a resource to help connect the amazing energy of a woman’s body with her baby. I believe that this powerful energy is what makes birth such a transformative event for mama, father and baby.
It is your right to pursue the birth you desire, have your choices honored and your voice heard. As your doula it is my intention to give your family the tools necessary to accomplish your goals and experience a peaceful transition into parenthood that will forever strengthen the bond with your family. I celebrate families in whatever form they take, and I believe that you should be satisfied and nourished through your birth experience.
I am growing and blossoming each day on my journey with birth work. My passion to do this work came to me after the birth of my son Alder. He came peacefully into this world on the super moon. It was then that I understood the need for genuine, loving, non-judgemental support during birth. I then began to learn about the history of birth and the many choices of birthing women. I have found my greatest inspiration in motherhood and I love everything about the health and happiness of women, children and families.
I grew up in the Northwest and I love it here! I find joy in simple things. I love good music, exploring with my boys Alder and Arrow, riding my bike, cooking, and spending the weekends in the garden.
Education and Training
- Certified Nursing Assistant, North Seattle Community College, 2010 (Current Washington State License)
- Simkin School of Allied Birth, Birth Doula Training, April 2013
- Placenta Encapsulation, May 2013
- Tens Unit Training, June 2013
- Rebozo Training, June 2013
- B.R.A.S for Doulas- Breastfeeding Resources, Application, and Skills, July 2013
- Simkin School of Allied Birth, Postpartum Doula Training, October 2013
- Birthing From Within - Mentor training, March 2014
- Journey Through The Pelvis, February 2015
- Spinning Babies Workshop, May 2017